Vice President Of Battery Engineering
$Competitive salary + Bonus + Generous package
Excellent opportunity for a proven leader within the battery engineering field to join an ambitious and rapidly expanding company where you will be given full autonomy and where you stamp your mark on battery engineer division.
In this role the Vice President of Battery Engineering will lead the efforts to translate this companies advances in solid state battery chemistry from coin cell to large format battery architectures leading to commercialization.
The role will lead a team responsible for battery cell design and form factor as well as business development for the battery Initiative. Position will be responsible for designing, building, and operating solid battery cells with inputs from equipment vendors and engineering and play a lead role in technology transfer to commercialization.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years leading batter engineering teams at a major batter development/ production company.
This is an amazing role for an experience battery engineer to join a company in it infancy where you will play a key part in their growth and development.
* Lead development and scaleup of lithium metal battery architectures.
* Lead team of engineers to implement electrolyte technology into large format full cells.
* Test, improve and optimize battery characteristics, performance, and stability.
* Ensure scalability of laboratory techniques used for battery fabrication and testing.
* Provide technical direction and work assignment to 3rd party designers, technicians, and others, as required for various projects.
* Assess competitive technologies and their applications.
* Seek and develop strategic partnerships.
* Science or Engineering degree from an accredited college or university. M.S., Ph.D. degrees preferred. Fields of study - Polymer Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related fields.
* 5 - 7 years of experience leading Battery Engineering teams at the major battery development/production company.
* Experience with building and leading multidisciplinary teams of research scientists and engineers.
* In-depth understanding of ionically conducting polymers and their fabrication.
* Expertise in lithium secondary batteries and related chemistries.
* Experienced with project development, management, and delivery.