£40,000 - £45,000 + Company Shares + International Opportunities + Pension + Holidays + Specialist Training
Are you a Process Engineer that thrives on technical challenge and want to join a dynamic, rapidly-growing business that is operating within a niche and highly specialist industry?
This industry-leading business is at the forefront of the EU's push for sustainable food production and alongside their main European plant are looking to expand their pilot facility near Glasgow where they can use process improvements and innovations to turbocharge the development of the wider business, first in the EU and then further afield. They have a number of major private investors and several million Euros of EU funding which they are planning to use to achieve 500% growth over the next 5 years before taking the business global.
In this role you will be responsible for the overall development and improvement of the company's fermentation process and production line at their Glasgow site, as well as ensuring engineering and H&S compliance is adhered to by both internal staff and contractors.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a Process Engineering or Process Development position and will hold a qualification at any level in an Engineering discipline. They will also be knowledgeable of regulations applicable to the site such as COSHH, IOSH, Food Safety, Pressure Systems and Electrical regulations.
This is a unique opportunity that would be perfect for someone who enjoys working in dynamic start-up environments where they can utilise a significant amount of technical authority over processes and staff to drive positive, long-lasting and wide-reaching improvements across a business that is poised to go global in the near future.
* Ensuring site and staff adherence to H&S, Engineering, Food Safety, Electrical and Hazardous Substance regulations
* Working in unison with Plant Manager to drive process and production improvements
* Taking responsibility for production assets on site including responsibility for PPM system
* Identifying, initiating and managing process improvement projects in line with wider business growth plans
* Supporting transfer of knowledge across company's sites internationally (trips abroad being optional)
* Educated to at least HNC/HND level in Engineering discipline
* Experience working in a Process Plant environment
* Demonstrable experience with driving process and/or production improvements
* Knowledge of, and ideally experience with, maintenance practices including PPM/maintenance planning
* Working knowledge of H&S, Food Safety, Electrical, Pressure System & Hazardous Substance regulations/procedures
* Experience with contract management, project costing and project planning (desirable)
* Understanding of PLCs/Control Systems (desirable)
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd regrets to inform that our client can only accept applications from engineering candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom.
Potential candidates who do not have this right or permit, or are pending an application to obtain this right or permit should not apply