Kenilworth - Commutable from Coventry, Warwick, Rugby and Birmingham
£30,000 - £32,000 + Days based role, 8:30-5 pm + Holiday + Pension + Company Benefits
As part of a continued 10-year plan for sustained growth and development, our client are seeking a Parts Manager to undertake this critical part of their after-sales operations.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with heavy capacity lift trucks, container handlers and hydraulic cranes at ports and leading manufacturing and heavy industry operations across the UK and Ireland. It will be a semi-clerical, semi-hands-on role covering all aspects of order processing to receiving, storing and despatch of spare parts.
Our client are widely regarded as the largest independent operator in this niche market, supporting customers with servicing, inspections and general preventative maintenance, equipment breakdown, spare parts, contracts, long and short-term rental and new equipment commissioning.
- Good time-management skills, who can prioritise tasks and use their initiative.
- The ability to communicate well, putting the customer first and keeping their promises.
- Manage both telephone sales & stores to ensure that agreed KPIs are achieved
- Provide technical support to staff and customers regarding products
- Ensure that all stock control is maintained, orders are shipped in a timely fashion and stock reports are accurately maintained
- Liaise directly with suppliers and customers to ensure that all parts are distributed and received on time.
- Review ongoing systems and practices in place to identify room for improvement
- Respond to incoming phone calls and e-mails for spare parts and process enquire through raising of purchase orders and on-line ordering system.
- Maintain a detailed log of enquiries and orders through updating an on-going enquiry register and daybook.
- Monitor daily spare parts orders and confirm the status of all outstanding orders with factory warehouse personnel, updating customer if necessary.
- Raise sales orders and create invoices using Protean, ensuring all prices, parts and order details are accurate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel if required, requiring a valid Full UK Driving License.
- Proven experience in a Parts Manager/supervisor or similar role
- Highly experienced within supply chain control
- Experience dealing with suppliers and customers on a daily basis
- Previous experience dealing with material handling parts
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Provide reliable cover and offer assistance when required to complete variety of ad-hoc tasks within the office.
- Experience within the engineering industry would be a distinct advantage as would the ability to read a parts manual.
It is understood the Company's activities are somewhat niche so full product and systems training will be given at the outset. This will be held in the office in a one-to-one classroom environment as well as visiting customer sites to understand their needs and requirements if deemed necessary
25 days per year plus 8 statutory days. The Company also offers Birthday as an extra-day's leave which must be taken on your birthday (or nearest working day if it falls at weekend) The office is shut between Christmas and New Year so it is expected those days are held-back from the entitlement - the number of days being determined by where Christmas falls in the working week. All holidays would require pre-authorisation in advance.
The Company is already auto-enrolled into a pension system whereby Company contribution is 3% and the individual's contribution is 5%. Death-in-Service benefit is also included with all employees. Further benefits are at the Managing Director's discretion and would normally be based on loyalty and length-of-service.
The Working Environment
They are a family-owned business who have historically shown a stable, loyal and committed work-force who work in a friendly and mutually co-operative open-office environment.
Reference Number: BBBH209649
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click "Apply Now" or contact Pelumi Salau at Rise Technical Recruitment.
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd acts an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates.