Mechanical Fitter (Training in CHP & Energy-from-Waste)
South West & West Midlands
£28,000 - £30,000 + Fuel Covered + Full Specialist Training + Pension + Holidays
Are you a Mechanical Fitter with heavy industrial or commercial experience and looking to join a company that will support you in advancing your career further within a highly specialised area of Renewable Energy and Power Generation?
This long-established company has earned a positive reputation as a leading turnkey provider of Biomass, Steam, CHP, Waste-to-Energy and Solar PV systems for a range of clients ranging from District Heating associations to industrial centres and racetracks.
In this role you will be travelling along the M5 and M6 corridors to various client sites to support with the installation of commercial and industry scale Biomass, CHP and Energy-from-Waste systems. This will involve tasks such as lifting, mechanical fitting, parts replacements and organising of repair work.
The ideal candidate will have several years' experience in a Mechanical Fitting position at a heavy industrial/production/manufacturing/power generation site working with large pieces of equipment such as generators, engines, boilers, pumps, pipework and similar. They will also be comfortable with working in a mobile role covering the M5 and M6 corridors and staying away overnight when necessary.
This is a great role for someone with general mechanical fitting/fabrication experience who is looking to create long-term career value for themselves within a specialist, supportive and secure company that has established themselves as technical experts within their field of Renewable Energy.
* Working across the M5 and M6 corridors with occasional overnight stays (expenses covered)
* Installing mechanical components of large heating systems such as CHP Engines, Pipework, Biomass Boilers etc
* Carrying out or supporting with lifting work using cranes, contractors or as a team effort
* Grinding, shaping and welding metal
* Creating brackets to support installations
* Mechanical fitting/fabrication experience
* Experience working in a heavy industrial environment e.g power plant, steelworks, manufacturing sites etc
* Full driving license
* Comfortable with working away when required
* Welding experience (desirable)
* IPAF/PASMA (desirable)
* Confined Spaces training (desirable)
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd regrets to inform that our client can only accept applications from engineering candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom.
Potential candidates who do not have this right or permit, or are pending an application to obtain this right or permit should not apply