Mechanical Engineer (Workshop Technician)
Washington (Commutable from Newcastle and Sunderland)
£26,000 - £28,000 + FULL TRAINING PROVIDED + Days based role + No shift work or weekend + Excellent pension scheme + 37 days holiday + 36 hours a week + Onsite parking and café + life insurance
Excellent opportunity for a mechanical engineer with a strong background in toolmaking, lathes, milling, machines, pedestal drills, grinding machine and bandsaw to join a public sector organisation where you will be seen as the main point of contact for students, have autonomy and improve your work-life balance.
This award winning institution are investing heavily into the college and building modernisation due to pledging net zero by 2050. This role represents a brilliant opportunity for a mechanical engineer to play an integral role in the development and growth of the college. The apprentices that from the college typically move into the leading manufacturing companies in the UK.
In this days based Monday to Friday role, you will be tasked with teaching mechanical engineering students. In this role you will be deliver practical classes to the apprentices in the use and maintenance of mechanical machinery to level 3 apprentices. You must have industrial experience in maintaining and monitoring the condition of all mains powered equipment; Lathes, Milling Machines, Pedestal Drills, Grinding machine and Bandsaw in your day-to-day role.
The ideal candidate will be a level 3 qualified mechanical engineer who has experience working directly with apprentices in their day-to-day role. Candidates who have vast industry experience are encouraged to apply.
This is a brilliant role for a mechanically biased maintenance engineer to step away from the long hours, whilst maintaining their passion for the tools. See an instant improvement of your work life balance and become a vital cog in a very impressive wheel.
* Monday to Friday
* 36 hours a week (Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 16:30 & Friday 08:00 - 12:00)
* Experience working directly with apprentices
* Mainly teach practical lesson through the workshops.
* Industry experience in Lathes, Milling Machines, Pedestal Drills, Grinding machine and Bandsaw in your day-to-day role.
* Have a proven track record in working with Lathes and Millings
* Candidates will ideally have direct experience working with apprentices
* NVQ L3 in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* Level 2 English and Math or GCSE grade C in English and Math