Excellent role on offer for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer looking to join an expanding company where will manage projects from cradle to grave whilst spearheading their revolutionary new product range.
Do you have 3D CAD experience? Do you have experience of blank sheet design? Do you have experience of mechanical or consumer products or appliances?
This global manufacturer are world leaders within the design and manufacture of special purpose machinery. They are just about to embark on their 5 year plan to redesign their whole portfolio and are also in the process of developing a new ground breaking technology for their consumer market and are therefore looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer with a flair for creativity.
In this role yo will be responsible for the blank sheet design of specialist equipment utilising motor controls and battery powered products. Working alongside the Mechanical Design team you will utilize a range of skills and design using various processes and materials such as; sheet metal fabrications, rotational mechanisms, injection moulding, vacuum forming, hydraulic systems and electrical and battery powered systems.
This role offers autonomy and a huge variety where you will be responsible for the product design of bespoke special purpose machinery. You will be responsible for the design from specification through to manufacture. You will be required to meet client's offsite as required as well as working closely with assembly and manufacturing.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer who is looking to join a stable, progressive company with a good culture and ethos where you will develop your skills and be well looked after.
* Mechanical Design of specialist equipment
* Design of plastic injection moulding and die castings
* Design from initial concept through to manufacture
* Liaising with a product design consultancy
* Using Pro Engineer Creo (Training can be provided)
* Working hands on in assemblies and prototype building
* £35,000 - £41,000 + 25 Days Holiday + Pension + Benefits
* Mechanical Design Engineer
* Experience of using 3D CAD
* Must have experience of designing consumer product / appliances or mechanical products
* Must have experience of designing using various processes and materials
* Must have hands on engineering experience such as fixing cars or motorbikes as a hobby