Lead Backend Engineer (M/F/D)
Berlin (Hybrid or Remote)
€90,000-100,000+ Holiday + Flexible working hours.
Excellent opportunity for a Lead Backend Engineer responsible for upcoming projects and mentoring junior colleagues, building the team beneath you.
The company is a market leader, who offer online based training courses in the arears of programming, data science and artificial intelligence. They allow people to learn and develop their skill set, thought upskill and reskills methods, in the constantly evolving tech market.
The ideal candidate is an experienced software developer, who has experience building applications with the Python ecosystem, implementing backend services to provide APIs and using Django framework. You will also have good leadership experience guiding a young, ambitious team on technical decision making.
Unique opportunity to join an E-learning market leader, who are directly affiliated with the German Government, where they have built a learning platform for data literacy for the German public.
- You will be working on the next generation of the E-learning platform, which is based on technologies such as React, NextJS, Python and Django.
- Making technical decisions to shape the software architecture and the development processes.
- Working on scalable web applications.
- Responsible for leading current and upcoming projects.
- Providing support for junior colleague in the team.
- Experience leading and developing teams and mentoring junior colleguaes.
- 5+ years' experience in Python and Django skills.
- Excellent skills developing backend applications for a service-oriented system architecture.
- Experience with RESTful Services, API design and API documentation (Swagger).
- You master tools for automated quality assurance (e.g. CI/CD pipelines, test automation) and would like to help shape the further development of our quality standards.
- Experience with Docker, cloud technologies (e.g. Kubernetes) and DevOps principles.
- Fluent in English, minimum B2 level German.
Reference Number: BBBH206509
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click "Apply Now" or contact Alexandra House at Rise Technical Recruitment.
Rise Technical Recruitment GmbH acts an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates.