Bristol - Hybrid
6-9 Month Fixed Term Contract
£55,000 - £65,000 DOE + Pension + Holiday + Further Training + Technical Progression + Hybrid Working + Exciting Project
Are you an experienced GCN Engineer with experience in drone systems? Do you know how to simulate and test GCN systems?
On offer is the chance to join a high growth drone technology company where you'll play a significant part in a small, close-knit and newly established autonomous engineering team who are due to start an incredibly exciting new project!
Established in the early 2000s, the company design, develop and produce sensor based defence and surveillance technology used across a wide range of industries. Projecting sales of half a billion this year and a plan to scale up their team within the United Kingdom, it is the perfect time to be part of this global organisation.
In this role, you'll lead the development of drone system guidance, navigation, and control algorithms. Conduct GCN system simulations, collaborate with internal and external partners for seamless technology integration, and troubleshoot technical issues. Stay ahead of industry trends in guiding, navigation, and control to lead the company to success.
The ideal candidate will have a proficient grasp of control theory, applying it adeptly in guidance and navigation, while demonstrating expertise in developing and assessing independent GCN algorithms. Additionally, you will take on a leadership role, contributing innovative ideas and insights to key stakeholders, and exhibit proficiency in Python, C/C++, Simulink, and MATLAB.
This is an excellent opportunity for a competent Engineer to showcase their skills in GCN and
- Lead the development of drone system guidance, navigation, and control algorithms.
- Conduct GCN system simulations.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners for seamless technology integration.
- Troubleshoot technical issues.
- Stay ahead of industry trends in guiding, navigation, and control to drive company success.
- Commute to Bristol on a hybrid basis
- Proficient grasp of control theory, with a focus on its application in guidance and navigation.
- Expertise in developing and assessing independent GCN algorithms.
- Leadership role involving the contribution of innovative ideas and insights to key stakeholders.
- Proficiency in programming languages: Python, C/C++, and experience with Simulink and MATLAB.
- Degree Educated
- Commutable to Bristol on a Hybrid Basis