Fibre Splicer (Splicing Engineer)
Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire area
12-Month contract with potential for extension or to be made permanent
Price work (£6.09 Per THP)
Travel across multiple sites
Are you a Fibre Splicer looking for their next opportunity working for a market-leading telecoms company on an extensive, contracted role?
My client, a telecoms and power expert, is currently recruiting a Fibre Splicer to start as soon as possible to help with a sudden upturn of work, which is looking to remain frequent.
My client, having celebrated their tenth anniversary as a business last year, are based in telecoms and power supplies industry. They aim to provide infrastructure solutions for businesses and communities, building and maintaining telecoms and power networks in UK and Ireland. Having just been given major, fibre roll-out projects on long-running contracts, they are facing a high growth period over the next few years with more work expected to come in.
Work will include installing and splicing of cables as well as passive equipment installations, fibre handling and testing, interpreting site documentation and installing equipment in line with the specification. Successful candidates should also expect to be completing relevant handover documentation and site reports, carrying out site surveys and executing PON builds.
The successful candidate should be familiar with and possess a comprehensive understanding of Fibre Optic Networks as well as be able communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients. It is essential that the candidate possesses first-aid, manual handling, N23 accreditation, hold a valid NRSWA Street Works Operative License Unit 2, a full UK Driving License, NOPS Registration and MT003 Openreach accreditations.
- Installing and splicing of cables, passive equipment installations, fibre handling and testing, interpreting site documentation, installing equipment in line with specifications.
- 12 month freelance contract, paid via price work. Monday to Friday 9hour shift.
- Working with an already big, and still growing, telecoms company.
- Looking to further their career as a Cabling Engineer and join a fantastic firm.
- Prior experience in the role and possessing of the relevant qualifications.
- Looking for a freelance, pricework-based contract over the next 12 months and beyond.
Keywords: Splicing Engineer, Fibre-Splicer, Splicing, Lincoln, Cambridge, Lincolnshire, Cambridgeshire, Fire Optic Cabling, Fibre Optic, Freelance, 12-month Contract, Telecoms, Travel, Power, Monday To Friday, South-East, England, Site Travel, Temp-to-Perm.