Electrical Project Engineer (Training in Renewable Energy)
£55,000 - £70,000 + Company Pension + Healthcare + Car Allowance + Progression Opportunities
Are you an Electrical Engineer or a Project Engineer with an Electrical background and looking to advance your career by gaining valuable and specialist experience in the field of Renewable Energy with a company that leads the way in their area of industry?
This company specialises in the production of biogas through the process of anaerobic digestion at a number of sites across Scotland and have been continuously expanding throughout recent years. They are looking to bring on a number of Project Engineers to support projects at one of their key sites in Ayrshire as well and potentially 2-4 new sites that are in the pipeline.
In this role you will be fully involved in the design, scoping, management and monitoring of electrical projects from inception until handover to the operations team for one of the company's major process plants. You will be working closely alongside key people such as Project Managers, Engineering Leaders, H&S Advisors and suppliers/contractors to ensure that projects are delivered on-time, in-budget and in compliance with QHSE requirements.
The ideal candidate be educated to Degree level in Electrical Engineering or will be time-served with an AP/SAP qualification, and will have 2+ practical years' experience in electrical projects covering HV and LV. A PRINCE2 or similar project management qualification will be highly advantageous, as will any knowledge of or experience with Renewable Energy projects.
This is a great position for someone who wants to specialise further in their career by moving into a highly niche and supportive business that will help them to develop further within the thriving Renewable Energy industry.
* Managing design of HV and LV electrical systems to meet business requirements
* Liaising with operations team to support with scoping of new projects e.g budgets/timescales
* Implementing and monitoring strong tender strategies for sourcing contractors and suppliers
* Forecasting and monitoring costs, advising on potential changes to predictions
* Assisting in development and implementation of commercial strategy for projects
* Ensuring appropriate skill base to deliver projects while managing and supporting site team
* Monitoring project progress from inception to handover
* Maintaining risk register to highlight risks, give early warning and implement corrective plans
* Working closely with H&S team to implement specific Quality plans & to monitor adherence to this
* Preparing specific HSE plans for projects
* Verifying commissioning progress and appropriate testing is witnessed prior to handover
* Continuous improvement work across sites
* Educated to Degree level in Electrical Engineering or similar subject, or qualified to AP/SAP level
* Minimum 2-3 years' experience in similar position
* Experience with Renewable Energy projects (advantageous)
* PRINCE2 or similar qualification (advantageous)
* Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with different parties involved in projects
* Full UK driving license and happy with occasional travel to other sites around Scotland
Reference Number: BBBH152982
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click "Apply Now" or contact Stuart Goble at Rise Technical Recruitment.
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd acts an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates.