Electrical Design Engineer - HV
£45,000-£64,000 + Profit Share + Training + healthcare + Pension + Holiday + Great Benefits
Do you have experience of high voltage Electrical Design Engineering, looking to join a well-established business within the energy and power sector, where you will directly affect the trajectory of the company?
On offer is the opportunity to join a continuously expanding company, giving you the chance to take responsibility for the delivery of designs within agreed timeframes, to a high quality.
This company specialises in grid connections as well as renewable energy technology. Through innovation and quality of service, they now require an Electrical Design Engineer to prepare design packages for DNO contestable works and balance of plant works from 11kV to 132kV.
In this role, you will help the company continue its goals in growth, whilst also providing a brilliant service by working closely with the in-house CAD drafting team to generate SLD's, equipment layouts, cable route drawings, construction and legal plans for new HV connections.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the future successes of a purpose driven business, whilst progressing your career within a highly rewarding role.
- Produce AC/DC schematics for protection, control, SCADA panels and liaise with the in-house panel assemblers on the construction of panels.
- Attend sites for inspection and design purposes and attend manufacturers factory acceptance tests when required.
- Manage and review simulation studies for generation connections undertaken by other consultants or carried out in-house, including load flow, reactive power capability, fault level analysis, power quality and harmonic studies to demonstrate compliance with engineering recommendations, the distribution code, the grid code and industry standards.
- Prepare design packages for DNO contestable works and balance of plant works from 11kV to 132kV.
- Experience in high voltage electrical engineering design (11kV and above) within the electrical contracting or utility industry.
- HNC or degree in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Have obtained or working towards registration with IET at IENG.
- Able to work throughout the UK.
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click "Apply Now" or contact Jake Tottle at Rise Technical Recruitment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd. The services of Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd are that of an Employment Agency.
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd regrets to inform that our client can only accept applications from engineering candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom. Potential candidates who do not have this right or permit, or are pending an application to obtain this right or permit should not apply as your details will not be processed.