Director of Project Development
Remote (30% travel)
Excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to play a key role in driving US project development for a leading Global Renewable Energy Company.
This company is a leading Renewable Energy company who develop, build, finance and operate Renewable Energy generation projects globally. A unique company in the industry with a hard focus on doing things the right way whilst also having huge funds and goals to develop a large portfolio of renewable energy projects throughout the US. Currently in a vertical growth period, they are looking to dominate the US market.
This role will be focused around the analysis and development of renewable energy projects from their early stages of development through to Ready to Build status. You will be responsible for origination, negotiation and structuring of development M&A opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have many years developing large renewable energy projects throughout the US. They must therefore have experience and connections to multiple developers and stakeholders within the industry. The individual must have a creative, entrepreneurial mindset ready to start with a clean slate and take the US market by storm.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity for a passionate individual to be part of an incredible team and play a vital role in their US growth and development.
* Responsible for all land negotiation and development, project permitting, resource measurements, and other development steps.
* Responsible for origination, negotiation and structuring of development M&A opportunities.
* Seek, evaluate, and negotiate projects developed by third parties for their acquisition.
* Accountable for defending development/permitting decisions and details with financial institutions.
* Accountable for assessing development matters in contracted/operating project acquisitions, as part of diligence work.
* 10 years in similar role developing large renewable energy projects.
* Well networked in the US market- Access to developers and stakeholders
* Creative, driven individual- thrives taking an opportunity from its infancy through growth
* Experience working projects of around 500mw is preferable
* Motivated leader with problem solving and analytical skills